- The CAEP Education Committee team includes core Committee members and CAEP Education Champions.
- The objectives for the CAEP Education Committee were defined in the CAEP Academic Section Terms of Reference.
- The CAEP Education Committee is hosting its second CAEP Academic Symposium on Education Scholarship to be held in Québec City at CAEP 2016. It is titled: Emergency Physician Educators & Scholars…the Path to Success and is being led by Rob Woods, Teresa Chan, and Jason Frank.
- In September 2014, the first CAEP GEMeS and Featured Education Innovations first appeared, courtesy of the Education and CAEP Education Champions and are continuing through to the spring of 2016.
- For the first time in 2013/2014, CAEP Education Innovation Abstracts were accepted as part of the CAEP Abstract Competition. These will be included again in 2015/2016 and will include an award for the highest-ranked education innovation abstract. The CAEP Education Committee hosted the first CAEP Academic Symposium in Vancouver on Education Scholarship. The findings and recommendation have been published in CJEM (May 2014).