- The CAEP Education Committee team includes core Committee members and CAEP Education Champions.
- The objectives for the CAEP Education Committee were defined in the CAEP Academic Section Terms of Reference.
Academic Section Education Committee Meeting at CAEP 2016
Date: Sunday, June 5, 2016
Time: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Location: Beaumont Room, Hilton Quebec in Québec City
1. FEIs and GEMeS (see page 2)
1.1. FEIs this academic year: 8
1.2. GEMeS this academic year: 7
1.3. CAEP Website Stats (Page 2)
2. Education Innovation Abstracts
2.1. 30 submissions in 2013/14
2.2. 16 submissions in 2014/15
2.3. 26 submissions in 2015/16
3. Academic Symposium Feedback
3.1. Careers (Woods)
3.2. Publishing (Chan)
3.3. Impact (Frank)
4. Academic Section is being restructured
4.1. New name: Education Scholarship Committee
5. Future plans
- The CAEP Education Committee is hosting its second CAEP Academic Symposium on Education Scholarship to be held in Québec City at CAEP 2016. It is titled: Emergency Physician Educators & Scholars…the Path to Success and is being led by Rob Woods, Teresa Chan, and Jason Frank.
- In September 2014, the first CAEP GEMeS and Featured Education Innovations first appeared, courtesy of the Education and CAEP Education Champions and are continuing through to the spring of 2016.
- For the first time in 2013/2014, CAEP Education Innovation Abstracts were accepted as part of the CAEP Abstract Competition. These will be included again in 2015/2016 and will include an award for the highest-ranked education innovation abstract. The CAEP Education Working Group hosted the first CAEP Academic Symposium in Vancouver on Education Scholarship. The findings and recommendation have been published in CJEM (May 2014).